Cami Dreyer is a student in our online Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (R.N. to B.S. in Nursing) program. She shares her motivations for achieving her educational and professional goals.
1. Why did you choose to continue your education at CUNY SPS?
This past summer I received my AAS is in nursing and achieved my dream of becoming an RN. While in that program, I was notified about a new, fully online RN to BSN program at CUNY SPS. I knew this would give me the freedom to job hunt and enter the workforce while continuing to work towards the coveted BSN that is now required by most hospitals. I had heard great things about SPS, so I decided to make the leap!
2. What is the single most important professional or personal goal that you would like to achieve during your studies at CUNY SPS or after graduation?
Quite simply, to achieve my Bachelors of Applied Science in Nursing!
3. How have you grown intellectually as a result of your studies at CUNY SPS?
Even though it has only been a little over a month, I have already grown so much! Learning here at SPS goes beyond knowledge and comprehension. SPS is pushing me to apply, analyze, and evaluate the material I learn. In addition, my writing abilities and my sense of how to approach assignments has greatly improved.
4. What advice would you offer to someone considering applying for admission to the program?
If you have other responsibilities, start slow with one or two classes to get the feel for the online format. If you are self-motivated, do IT! You won’t regret it.
Cami also shares some fun facts about her life.
1. Place of residence: Park Slope, Brooklyn.
2. Favorite CUNY SPS course: Physical Assessment.
3. Weirdest place you have studied: While walking through a street fair.
4. Your favorite music to play while studying: Classical.
5. Best thing about your community or NYC: Diversity.
Thank you for sharing all of this with us, Cami. Can you give us your best tip on how to study while walking?