1. Why did you choose to continue your education at CUNY SPS?
I continued my education at CUNY SPS because they offered the new B.A. program in Human Relations.
2. What is the single most important professional or personal goal that you would like to achieve during your studies at CUNY SPS or after graduation?
My goal during or after graduation is to be a guidance counselor in a school or a counselor in another organization helping children.
3. How have you grown intellectually as a result of your studies at CUNY SPS?
I have definitely have grown intellectually more than I could have imagined as a result of enrolling with CUNY SPS. I’m forever grateful for all that I’ve learn in the courses that I have taken.
4. What advice would you offer to someone considering applying for admission to the program?
I’ve already given advice to a co-worker that the setting at CUNY SPS is like a family, and any help she might need someone is always available to assist her. Also, I told a co-worker that the courses given are excellent for my professional development as your personal life. She is now enrolled for her second semester and loves it. She thanks me all the time for recommending CUNY SPS.
Brenda also shared some fun facts about her life.
1. Place of residence: Far Rockaway Beach. I worked in the city for 29 years so the travel is not a problem. I love the city.
2. Favorite CUNY SPS course: I can’t say I have a favorite course because they all have something different to bring to the table. However, I can say I lean toward courses that help me understand teaching children because I work with the DOE
3. Weirdest place you have studied: On the train. Other than that I’m usually studying at home or at work during my lunch break. I can’t study with music on it’s a distraction to me.
5. Best thing about your community or NYC: The diversity of people and all that it has to offer—Broadway theaters, Times Square, restaurants, land marks such as the statue of liberty and empire state building and living across the street from the beach.
We wish you continued success with your studies this semester.