Show Your Work
Have you created one or more ePortfolios this past year? If so, we invite you to submit your ePortfolio to the CUNY School of Professional Studies ePortfolio Student Showcase for an opportunity to be selected as one of the “Featured Student ePortfolios” on the ePortfolio Showcase website and receive a $100 Amazon gift card!
Selections are made based on:
- Design layout
- Organization of materials
- Best use of multimedia
- Demonstration of reflective learning
- Overall representation of academic skills, coursework, and extracurricular activities
To nominate yourself, please complete this form by May 24, 2014. Please help us recognize your great work with ePortfolio!
Last year, the ePortfolio Team and Career Services teamed up to create a webinar to explain the nature and uses of ePortfolios that gave students the tools they needed to build their own ePortfolio in time to participate in the showcase. Last month, we teamed up again to offer our first in-person workshop titled, “Transform your ePortfolio,” where we covered how to copy and move content between ePortfolios, finding Creative Commons images, and how to identify and showcase transferable skills. If you missed the workshop, here are the final tips we gave to students:
- Think hard about the organization, appearance and general layout of your ePortfolio.
- Be sure all relevant documents are uploaded to their corresponding sections of the ePortfolio.
- Avoid bright colors and stick to the more traditional business formatting and fonts.
- Use meaningful pictures to bring some life to your ePortfolio.
- Write good content and keep it up-to-date.
- Use reflection to create a narrative of your transferable skills.
- Connect your ePortfolio with social media sites so people can find you more easily.