Music is a big part of my life and I’ve found that listening to music when I work out really helps me to push myself when I’m tired or just don’t feel like doing anything. That said, it’s sometimes tough to listen to the same music over and over again. Below are some of the songs that I’m enjoying training to these days (in no particular order).
- Back from Cali, by Slash, featuring Myles Kennedy (fans of the original GnR will like this one)
- Enter Sandman, by Metallica (the version with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra)
- Baby, Please Don’t Go, by Aerosmith
- Live to Win, by Paul Stanley
- Dreams, by Van Halen
- Beautiful Dangerous, by Slash, featuring Fergie
- Disease, by Matchbox Twenty
- Pride and Joy, by Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Famous in a Small Town, by Miranda Lambert
- Marry the Night, by Lady Gaga
- You Know My Name, by Chris Cornell
- Chicken Fried, by Zac Brown Band
Some of these have great rhythm for running, some are great for a cool down and a few just make me laugh with how over the top fun they are (I’m looking at you, Paul Stanley!). Regardless of the tune, though, the overall incorporation of music helps me to finish my workout with a smile on my face.
Do you listen to music when you work out? What are some of the best tunes you’ve found?
Heather Zeman is the Events Manager at the CUNY School of Professional Studies, where she coordinates a wide variety of recruitment and special events. She’s currently planning a gorilla trek, to take place in Summer 2012.